Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bad luck Mom?

Hi everyone! I don't have any pictures tonight, but I wanted to share Kaitlin's exciting news. She had a soccer game tonight and her team won 5-1 and she scored a goal!! I didn't get to see it though since I had two school meetings to be to tonight. The funny thing is that she seems to be happier and more relaxed and it sounds like she plays better when I'm not there watching. Could it be that I'm bad luck?

She also got a Principal's award at school today. The principal called her down to the office and she didn't know why. When she got there he gave her an award for being helpful and being a good role model. I guess it's just when he or a faculty member notices a child do something that impresses them that they get to come and get the award. She was pretty proud of it and I'm proud of her.

She got hit in the face last week by a boy with behavioral issues. He was in front of her in line at the drinking fountain and had his mouth all over it and she asked him to take his mouth off of it and he turned around and hit her. He was sent to the principal's office, then home and the principal tried to call and explain what happened to me but I wasn't by the phone. She was fine, but Ken told her that night that if anyone started a fight with her or hit her like that, that he wanted her to beat the tar out of them, she had his permission. Luckily, Kaitlin, with her good sense, said she wouldn't want to get into trouble. I agree with both of them and thought that Kaitlin handled this situation correctly. But I did tell her that if someone ever started a real fight with her, hitting and kicking, that she was to end it, meaning, in essence...beat the tar out of them. I hope she never has an experience like that, but I'm my father's daughter and I'm passing on what he taught me.

Megan, who's almost 9, came home from activity days today brandishing deodorant! She was so excited to have it and later, while she sat next to me doing her homework she said, "Wow, that deodorant stuff really works!! I'm not nearly as sweaty as I usually am!" It was quite a funny moment for me but I kept a straight face. Kids really are fun!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Kaitlin sounds so mature. I think it must be that you have a girl first. ;)*giggle* No, really, you must be so proud of her.