The four oldest headed out before 8am and I took Isaac to afternoon kindergarten just after 11am. Oh, that's what the numbers mean in my title by the way, the grade level my kids are in. Isaac has been asking for this for months so he was just ready for me to leave when the time came. I was worried I would be really emotional, but surprisingly I wasn't. It's probably because it's only half day, just like preschool the last two years. It'll be next year that I'll have a problem. ;o)
My favorite line of today so far is from Isaac. We were discussing the name of a character in Cars 2 (which we have not seen yet). He swore it was one thing and I swore it was another. He says, "Mom, my friends told me and that's what it is." (I can't remember what he called him, but I thought it was Finn McMissle) I said teasingly, "What? You trust your friends more than your mother?" "Trust my mutha?! I don't trust my mutha. I trust my friends." Already? Sigh...
Well, the four younger kids will be done with school in about 45 minutes and I'm planning on going to pick them up, just for today. They'll all walk home together usually. I love the pictures of the girls and Isaac hugging. They're super sweet!
Here's to a great new school year!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment