Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bishop Rohde (!!!!!!)

So this post probably won't contain any pictures, but I wanted to document another exciting event of our weekend (the other being Kaitlin's win, detailed in the following post--and by the way, doesn't Kaitlin look so beautiful and grown up!)
Anyway, Ken was sustained as the bishop of our ward today at church.

It's been an interesting week and a half for us since we met with the Stake President and were given the call. Ken was being prompted that something like this was coming, but in the midst of all my knee and leg pain my mind was otherwise occupied. I think it was actually the Lord's way of helping me cope with everything. The pain from the blood clots was getting considerably better by that time so I was in a much better place to lay something like this on me. :o)

I've been simply amazed at how calm and at peace Ken has seemed since the call came. I mean, if I was to be the spiritual leader and common judge of a large congregation of people I think I'd be majorly panicked. Though Ken is a little scared and nervous, the Lord has blessed him with a knowledge of the rightness of this calling and has given him a peace that is truly remarkable.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have a rough few days getting past the overwhelmed feeling and selfish thoughts that came. Through a series of what I think of as small miracles, I have come to find a comfortable peace in my mind and heart. I know that this is the right thing for our family at this time. Ken's going to do great. It has been wonderful to watch him grow the last two years as he has served as a counselor in the bishopric and I know that he is continuing his journey of growth and learning.

I realize it won't be easy, but the Lord will continue to bless my family in wonderful ways. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for my membership in His church. I look forward to growing and learning along with Ken and hopefully helping our children do the same.

I decided I'd throw in a picture, just for fun. :o) This is from Father's Day a couple years ago.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's so awesome, Ken! I'm sure you'll do great!! Miriam, I know I would be struggling with the loss of my husband's time too (actually I was complaining about it today, and Mike's not even the bishop! Haha) but I'm so grateful for the sweet miracles that's have given you peace with his calling. :). Enjoy this wonderful new adventure!