Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kaitlin's headed to Kansas City!

Kaitlin and Ken had the opportunity to go to Boise yesterday (my blood clots may not have reacted well to the long car ride, so I didn't get to go) to attend the awards banquet at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Mid-Winter Conference. She entered the Patriot's Pen Essay Contest earlier in the school year. She won at our local VFW Post level, then won at the District level which includes all of Eastern Idaho, then last night at the Department (State) level she was awarded first place! We are SO very proud of her and the maturity of her thoughts and her pride at being an American citizen. If you haven't read her essay and want to, I posted it in December so you can find it there.

The National Winner will be awarded in Kansas City in March. She will get to meet the winners from all the other Departments and see what happens. We don't have many other details right now, but it will be very exciting for her!

As many of you know, I love to write and I have a deeply patriotic soul so this is a doubly proud moment for me as a Mom! It's great when your kids take after you in good ways. :o)



No comments: