 |
| Studying on my computer...as usual |
|
The majority of this year was spent being a taxi driver for the kids and their activities and keeping up with my on-line schooling. I was in class all year, except for the month of August. It was exhausting! I am happy to say, however, that I've worked really hard (Ken might say too hard) and averaged over a 99% in all the classes I've taken since starting back in the Fall of 2012. I have one last class to take this Winter Semester and then I will graduate in April with my Bachelor of Science in University Studies with an emphasis in communication. It's been a long time coming (20 years since I graduated with my ASA in Family Science!) but it is something I've always planned to accomplish.
 |
| My last basketball team (w/Reese and Isaac) |
I retired from coaching youth basketball after last winter's season. It wasn't the easiest decision, but I have loved just watching my kids play! They learn a lot more (after all, they never really thought I knew what I was talking about) and it's a great opportunity to experience another coaching style. This next couple of months will give me plenty of opportunity to be a spectator, as I've got Megan with two games a week, and Georgia, Reese, and Isaac each having one. I love that they like to play ball!
I get to do the music in Nursery at church. We've got a lot of 18 month-3 year olds and we have a great time singing songs, dancing, and pretending. You'd probably be pretty amused watching me if you could be a fly on the wall each Sunday. :o) In fact, I've sung Popcorn Popping so much in the last year and a half that it became my inspiration for our Christmas treats for our neighbors this year.
Popcorn
Snowballs
(sung to the tune of Popcorn Popping)
You look out
your window and what do you see?
Popcorn
snowballs from the Rohde fam'ly.
Winter brings
us all a nice surprise--
Snowflakes
falling from the steel gray skies.
We just took
an armful to make your treat,
A white
snowball that will taste so sweet.
It doesn’t
seem quite so, but you really see
Popcorn
snowballs from the Rohde fam'ly!
Merry
Christmas!
 |
| Albuquerque with Dad |
We loved being able to take a couple of trips this year. I spent Easter in Utah at our friend's house with the kids since Ken was out of town for business. I took my girls to Utah for the 4th of July for the Stadium of Fire and a Kelly Clarkson concert. We went to a Rohde Reunion in Silverton, CO which we followed up with a trip to visit my family in Albuquerque. It was a wonderful trip and we loved being able to see everyone. We got to visit the Rio Grande Zoo and ABQ Aquarium with my dad. We loved it!
We got take the kids to Disneyland in December, which is always a lot of fun!
 |
| Rohde's in CO |
 |
| We're the whole back row on Tower of Terror at Disneyland |
We're not sure what this new year will bring us, but we have faith that it (and we) are in the Lord's hands and come what may we will be blessed. We are so grateful for wonderful family and friends! Thank you for your love, support, and prayers!
1 comment:
I haven't checked out any blogs for a long time but I'm glad I did now. Beautiful family and wonderful to find out how everyone is doing. Congrats on your new college degree and sorry to hear about the MS diagnosis.
Post a Comment