So last week along with soccer practices and a game, Kaitlin had two other things that kept her busy. First she has decided to run for student government again and is running for 8th grade class secretary. She is running unopposed, so she's basically got the job, but she still needed to do everything that a candidate is required to do. These are pictures of the poster we made. My kids thought I made the word "gumption" up! So funny! But it went with an earlier version of Kaitlin's campaign slogan, and then just became the slogan when Kaitlin discovered it was a real word and had a really fitting definition. She thinks I'm a wiz with words...it's nice to be admired for something. :o)
She had to do a lunch time activity, in which she held with the "gum" theme. She did bubble blowing contests with bubble gum and also handed out smarties, saying "Be A Smartie, Vote for Kaitlin". She has to do her speech tomorrow and then the elections will be held. We'll let you know how it all turns out, though I don't know how it wouldn't turn out well since no one else is running for Secretary.
Then last Wednesday night she was in the school talent show. She had to try out and was one of about 15 acts that made it. She sang the song "Jar of Hearts" and did a great job! The only trouble was that the sound mixer didn't have the microphone up very high and the music track was much louder than it should have been. We didn't realize that Kaitlin needed to "swallow the mike" in order to be heard well, so she didn't and it was hard to hear her. That made me so sad because she sang beautifully and you just couldn't hear her well enough! She was happy with her performance though and got lots of applause, and it was a great opportunity for her. I'm so proud of her for being brave enough to do it!! I tried to download the videos of her, Megan, and Georgia performing but they won't work on my blog so one of these days I'll try to get them on to you-tube. It actually freaked me out a little how grown up Kaitlin looked. Her friend did her hair and let her borrow a "fancy" shirt, then I put a little make-up on her lips and eyes so she wouldn't completely look like a ghost under the stage lights. She came home from getting her hair done just super smiley and said, "I hope I don't sound vain, but I feel so beautiful right now!" She really is so beautiful, but I just don't want her to grow up!! (Not that there's much I can do to stop it, I know.)
1 comment:
very beautiful girl you've got there! So fun that she is a singer!
Post a Comment