Well, today has not been all that we'd hoped it would be. Ken had a Stake Youth Council meeting at 7:30am, eliminating all chance that the kids and I would be able to serve him breakfast in bed (an annual tradition). I had a hard time getting the girls up at 7:45am to get them ready for church. Kaitlin was supposed to speak in Sacrament meeting today (she's only 10 1/2, but the Bishop still asked her!!!) but she woke up really sick. I thought at first that she was just nervous, but when she needed to spend a whole lot of time on the toilet I realized it was something more serious. The poor kid's completely empty now, but is still dry heaving. I hope for her sake it's quick to pass. Unfortunately, it's not often that we can get away with only one kid being sick...
So, Megan quickly made up a talk of her own and filled in for her sister. She's only 8 1/2 and I never would have been brave enough to speak in front of the whole congregation at that age, but she did great and wasn't nervous at all. We barely got to church on time since I had just planned on leaving the boys home with Kaitlin watching TV since I had to teach Relief Society today and Ken had to go speak in another ward in another building at the same time. Reese was tired and didn't really want to go, but I knew how excited he was last night to "have a song for Daddy!" The Primary kids sang, "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" today. So I decided he needed to come, but Isaac was still asleep at 8:45am so I planned on leaving him. He woke up at 8:46am and insisted on going to church (which I guess is a good thing) but we only got to the church at 9:02, so Megan had to make a run for the stand.
Anyway, my lesson went well, Ken's talk went well, Megan's talk went well, and we are now home with poor little Kaitlin who was left alone so Ken and I could fulfill our church duties, and Ken and the other kids will go to dinner as planned with Suzanne and Allen while Kaitlin and I stay home and enjoy (I use that term loosely) our mother/daughter time.
Happy Father's Day to all of you Dad's out there!!! Hope your day's gone a little smoother and that it's one you've enjoyed.
1 comment:
I'm going to give this "blogging" business a shot. Sorry Kaitlin was sick. Is she feeling better now?
Post a Comment