Sunday, December 29, 2013

Megan's 2013



This year has just gone by in a blur. Seriously, I’m having trouble remembering what was exciting enough to write about. At the beginning of the year, aka the end of last school year, I participated on my schools track and field team. Don’t get confused, I don’t run, I was only there for the field part of the whole thing. I threw the shot put and the discus. I was kind of hesitant at first, but it turned out to be something that I really enjoy. I made it to conference, the big competition between only the few best on each team, and I placed third out of everyone in both events. My farthest throw for discus was 71’ 2” and for shot put it was 28’ 10”. 
                This summer was also very fun. We went to our family reunion in Silverton Colorado. It was fun to see the whole family. Plus the town was very neat too; we did a ton of activities ranging from scavenger hunts put together by Grandma (thanks Grandma) to four wheeling on really small cliffs! Just laugh all you’re fear out! 
A mine tour in CO

I also went to another year of girl’s camp. My favorite parts of that were the canoe trip and our fantastic hike! I participated in many 4-H classes. One of my favorites, again, was photography, for the third year in a row! I entered many pictures to the fair again and every one of my pictures placed. That made me happy! The last thing that I can think of from summer was my pool! I love that thing. Probably my best friend all summer long was that pool, which might be why I spent so much time swimming.
                I started 8th grade this September. I have a ton of friends at school, which is good because they help make every class enjoyable. I turned 14 in October, and on my birthday my friends got the whole lunch room singing happy birthday to me. Proves how good of friends they are.
14!  Can you believe it?
Later in October one of my basketball seasons started. It was a high school team and it was a good learning experience and it helped prepare me for the current basketball season. I am now on the Taylorview Middle School basketball team. It just started but I hope we do well!
Lady Tigers Basketball

                As a family we have taken many (not as many as I would’ve liked) fun trips. We’ve had the chance to grow closer together which was also a good part of this year.
In line at Disneyland
                Overall, I can look back on this year and see it as a success. I hope that next year is as full of excitement as this year was! :)
Megan dressed up for the skit at Girls Camp

No comments: