Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!!

Ken had two conferences in Las Vegas the first full week in August and I got to go with him. My incredibly kind (and maybe a little crazy--in a good way)sister-in-law, Melanie, agreed to watch my five kids (she's got her own 3 and also babysits!). What a saint!!

I flew into Vegas a couple of hours before Ken and his co-workers did and passed the time waiting for them by reading some of "Breaking Dawn". I finished it on the trip and I'm still not sure how I liked it...it was such a different book than the first three in the series.



Ken, his co-worker, Jared, Jared's wife Sara, their baby, Zachary, and another co-worker, Michael all waiting to go to dinner our first night there.



The Bellagio had a fantastic indoor display full of cool things! Ken's standing near a "Grandfather Tree".



One of Ken's co-worker's wife came along with their baby. Sara, Zachary, and I entertained one another during the day while the men worked. I can't believe how many fountains and statues are in Vegas. I was also pretty appalled at how most of the statues were in various stages of undress!!



We found a Ghiradelli shop...YUMMY!!



Ken and I, along with his co-worker, Shane, went to see The Phantom of the Opera on stage at the Venetian. It was SPECTACULAR!!!!! I absolutely loved it. If you get to Vegas and it's playing this is a MUST SEE!!!



One day while Zachary napped, I set off on my own down the strip. I hit the jackpot, finding M&M's World. The funny thing was that when I checked out they said that I had won a free pound of either Skittles, Starbursts, or Jelly Beans...hmmmm...I thought I was in M&M world???



This is the miniature Statue of Liberty in front of the New York, New York. I thought it was a great picture with both the statue and the Flag in it but I didn't realize that our new camera would date stamp the picture, ruining the effect!



I got to go to lunch with my old college roommate, Amanda. It was so fun to catch up and the Mexican place she took me was SO GOOD!!! I'm so glad we got to see each other Amanda!!!



We stayed at Ceasar's Palace and since we checked in a bit early and our room wasn't quite ready we upgraded. Our room was 750 sq. ft., had two bathrooms, a huge jetted tub (whose jets did not work unfortunately!), a glass walk thru shower with dual shower heads, a vanity station, and more closet space than my whole upstairs!! It overlooked all three pools, but thankfully we were on the 15th floor, too high to be able to make out any naked people in the "clothing-optional" pool. Eewwww!!





2 comments:

Mandy Waters said...

I had no idea that Las Vegas was so fun. I'm too scared to go on the strip fearing I'll scar my children for life! I also had a great time with you!

Laura said...

Looks like a fun trip!! I'm glad you guys got to get away - it's always therapeutic. ; )

We actually lived in Las Vegas for about 4 years and, although we rarely went to the strip except when company came, we saw some great shows! Phantom sounds like a ton of fun!!