Saturday, July 5, 2008

Girls Camp

I got to go to girls camp this past week to be a leader. It was fun sometimes, but a lot of work and exhausting. The girls were really good, for the most part. The two that were giving us trouble were better after I threatened to send them home. Aren't I mean?! We had a patriotic theme and I really loved that part!!!



I went on the hike with the girls Tuesday. It was a six miler and we ran into snow for the last 1/2 mile of the climb up. This is me standing in front of a pretty waterfall (across the canyon) about 3/4 of the way up.



I was in charge of the 5th and 6th level girls (Youth Camp Leaders) They did my hair twice up there. In this picture I have a million tiny braids all over my head and then they were looped up with bobby pins. Good thing I don't care how awful I look!




This is me rappelling. The girls were quite shocked that I was willing to do it as much as they were. I like to rappel, but the gloves I was wearing the last time down ended up letting my hands get really burned. My left hand has a few blisters but it's already feeling much better.

4 comments:

Mandy Waters said...

You look the same as when we were at Ricks-you're a hot mama. Your Young Women are lucky to have you.

Mel said...

I LOVE girls camp. I am so sad I dont get to go this year because I just got released. I am a little jealous.

Melinda

Mel said...

I tagged you. Go to my blog and copy and paste to your blog. IT is fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoy rappelling. I HATE it. I tried it once and had to be talked down over the edge (I had to go down then rock climb back up). As a matter of fact, I get panic attacks just thinking about it! I was watching a window washer rappelling down the building across from work in D.C. and my palms got all sweaty and I just about started hyperventilating...and I wasn't even the one going down! I was safe and sound in my chair at my desk. Crazy, huh?