Thursday, October 30, 2008

Megan's Birthday Party



Megan turned 9 on October 22nd. She decided she needed to have a frog themed party since frogs are her favorite animals. Her invitations featured frogs and were made by "The Ruler of the Frog Kingdom".



When each of her friends came they were crowned ruler of their favorite animal's kingdom.



Megan insisted on green streamers and even made her own frog disco ball.



The first thing they did was to dance to Megan's new Radio Disney party CD.



We played "F-R-O-G-O", a homemade version of bingo featuring, what else? Frogs! We used gourmet jelly beans for the markers and I don't think they should make a buttered popcorn flavored jelly bean anymore! YUCK!!! Notice Reese on the right side of the picture holding the hat that he and Isaac helped pick the "frogs" out of.



We played a rather unsuccessful game of leap frog.







We played pin the eyes on the frog.



And we played "Ribbit, Froggy, Ribbit".







Then we ate the Hoppy B-day cake that I decorated and frog-green ice cream with chocolate covered flies. (mint-chocolate chip) Kaitlin was extremely grossed out by its frog kingdom name.





After the cake we passed out party bags and the kids decided that they looked so cool in their new sunglasses that they'd strike a pose for the camera.


Sassy Megan

Cool Georgia

Sophisticate Kaitlin

Reese in the bling!

3 comments:

Donna Ryan said...

I fully expected to see snow on the ground! I told my kids, as we were wearing shorts in 80 degree weather, "Can you believe it snowed in Idaho!?" It looks green, like fall should look! Not here. It's barely changing into fall. Tomorrow, Halloween, the high is 85. Darcy can't be a bear, as she will roast! Fun to see your kiddos.

Laura said...

Very cute games and cake for a frog theme. I'm very impressed with your creativity!! What a great MOM!

Merr said...

Miriam,
You are one hoppin' mom! This looks like a really great party. Emma (who is also 9, only 4 months older than Megan) would think this was the coolest party ever. The frog disco ball is EXACTLY the kind of decoration she would make for the event. I loved the cake too. What fun!