Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cress Creek Fieldtrip

I guess today is a day to blog about Megan. :)

A couple of Fridays ago, I went with Megan's 3rd grade class on a field trip to a place called Cress Creek. It's about a 30 minute drive north of here and has a very neat nature hike to go on.








This sign was at the beginning of the trail and had the kids a little worried. Good news, though, we didn't see a single snake.



I was in charge of a group of six kids; Megan, Destinie, Brandon, Kameron, Kierra, and Giselle. This is them in a picture with their teacher, Mrs. Westover.






It's been a long time since I rode in a big yellow school bus and let me tell you it is a tight fit for my long legs.




The creek is named for the watercress that grow in it. It stays relatively warm all the time.







It was beautiful, especially with the fall color changes happening.





We had a great time and I'm glad I got to join Megan for the experience.

1 comment:

Jenni and fam said...

I am just now catching up on your blog...its been way too long since I've taken the time to read everyone elses. It seems I barely find time to update mine. Your pictures are so fun..the birthday party, the pumpkin patch, the park, soccer games. Lots of fun! How was your trip to LAgoon? I'm sure its further down on the blog if I scroll down huh! Well, sorry we couldn't join you. have a great day!